Saturday, May 15, 2010

What are you good at?



My wife once asked me what am I good at. This question was totally unexpected and I was dumb for a moment. I am not a handy man and hate handling tools like electric drill, screwdriver, hammer, etc. I dislike my technical education in my secondary days. What was my dream then? To be a bass guitarist in a popular group and a song writer. I knew this dream cannot be realised and my next ambition, to be a successful sales executive. I tried but gave up after 2 months selling air-cleaner. I didn't sell any and I said 'To hell with sales!" LOL.
Today, I came to enjoy my job as a Technical Officer in the Building Industry. Though it's not a prestigious career, it's challenging and satisfying. In the course of my work, I crossed path with prominent public personnel and professionals. I am dealing with front line staff from neighboring countries too. The most interesting group of people I met were the minority Educated Barbarians. Do you know what is Nightmare?
Okay, back to the question of what am I good at? Wah lao.... I am still searching for an answer. Definitely not a 'good-for-nothing'. Life is stressful enough. Give me a break. Btw, ask yourself what you are good at? Haha....

No comments: