Sunday, December 23, 2007

My Neighbourhood X'mas Party



It's the last weekend before Christmas. Everywhere we go is packed especially Orchard Road. Sales, sales, sales. And everyone is rushing to shop for last minute presents. The spirit of Christmas is giving. I felt it this morning when I received. I passed by the multi-function hall in my neighbourhood while on my way home after getting the newspaper. A lady approached and invited me to their Christmas celebrations there. Till now, I do not know who the organiser was. It should not be any grassroot organisation as there wasn't any indication. No ministerial speech. Children, elderly and a handful of handicap were also invited. Free buffet breakfast accompanied by Christmas songs. Though simple and plain, it was touching to know that the heartlanders were not forgotten during this festive season especially the lonely elderly. May the good Lord bless these thoughtful people who spread the true meaning of Christmas.

Celebrations in town


A new pair of shoes for myself

No comments: