Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Teochew mooncake


Teochew Mooncake
 
OMG! Thanks to my wife for giving me the information on Thye Moh Chan @ Chinatown Point. It came out in the paper last year that they were closing for good. So, I take for granted that they were gone forever.

If I am not wrong, they are now under the management of BreadTalk. But who the heck cares? I rushed there after work and happily bought the mooncake and the black paste cake. It was not till Margaret arrival that I realised the prices have increased sharply. The mooncake was selling at $10 last year and I paid $22. The black paste cake has increased from $5 to $8.80. Since it is an annual affair, I will not regret paying more if the standard or quality is maintained.

Well, we will celebrate and enjoy the goodies tomorrow. Keep our fingers crossed. Happy Mid-Autumn Festival 2013!

My favourite black paste cake
 

No comments: