Monday, September 6, 2010

Black Night Joe



Joe Lim came into my dream last night. I was totally unaware of this childhood friend passing on . He died of throat cancer four years ago. It saddens me that we were not in touch during his last days on earth. Tell you a secret. We bought a 50 cents Toto ticket and won $30 when we were in Secondary 2. That was the initial stage where Toto was introduced in Singapore.
I gave him the nickname 'Black Night Joe' for his hell riding. Cool man. As a 6 footer, he was a good goalkeeper. Have you seen a man wearing size 13 boots? There was once where we were voted as the tallest and shortest man of the night in a contest at a lounge. Gosh! Those were the days.
From our reunion last night, I am happy that he is well in heaven. Thanks for the memories. Joe. Peace be with you.

No comments: