Monday, July 30, 2007

Gastroscopy




Gosh, that was horrible! I went for the gastroscopy procedure at the TTSH this morning. Margaret accompanied me to the preparation room. Had my blood pressure, heartbeat, etc checked. Waited for about 20 minutes and I was wheeled to the theatre. They sprayed anaesthetic on my throat (thru my mouth) and asked me to count from 1 to 10 before swallowing. Soon my throat was numb. The doctor then inserted the gastrocsope, a long flexible tube about the thickness of your little finger, thru my mouth and passed my throat. Brave as a warrior, I felt no pain and watched the view on the tv screen. Just when it was about to reach my stomach, he told me to swallow it not once but twice. Somehow, the scope went into my stomach. It was very uncomfortable and I felt like vommiting. Disgusting! @#$%*!!!!!! In my heart I was cursing. I pinched my hand hard to restrain myself so as to allow the doctor to complete the examination. Finally I felt a sense of relief when he retracted the tube. Phew, it sucks!!!
At the end of the day, everything was fine except for the red dots on my stomach. It was considered as a minor problem. The gastric reflux has improved and I will continue to take the Manuka Honey.
P.S. I would like to thank Margaret for her presence.

No comments: