Sunday, November 17, 2013

Utmost respect



We visited my eldest brother Thomas this afternoon. It's been about three months since we last visited him. Prior to that, Margaret called my sister-in-law Jeanette and understand that he was not in his best of health. We went to Orchard Road to get his favourite Hokkaido milk.

When we reached there, Jeanette said he had guessed we had just returned from overseas. He was in his room resting and his maid brought him out. Phew! Brothers reunited. He looked sick but as we chat further, he was back to his normal self. His mind was sharp when we talked about going places especially his bringing my late parents to China, Thailand and many more. Though handicap now, he has not forgotten those in need of attention like my second brother Roger. I told him that we would be visiting Roger next week and that eased him a little. It's never easy to be the eldest and he is one who deserves the utmost respect.  

Our visit had brighten his day and I hope to visit him more often.

No comments: