Sunday, August 25, 2013

In memory of my father-in-law




My beloved father-in-law was called home to the Lord on 21st August 2013. The funeral service ended this evening. A legendary grandfather, One amazing grandpa, the grandchildren wrote on their tribute. Our family doctor describe him as one who lived his life with quality and quantity. Oh yes, he was 84 years old.

He was a teacher after the World War 2 in the rural area of Johore. It was not until his retirement in the 80s that he pursued his passion in dancing. He opened a dancing studio in Johore with ballroom dancing students in toll. In between, he was often invited to be in the judging panel in international ballroom dancing tournaments. Till his last day, he walked without the aid of a walking stick and his passing on had shocked everyone locally and abroad.

I consider myself blessed to be his son-in-law. He did not despised me though I wasn't doing well in my earlier marriage life. He only had encouraging words and concern when I was down with illness. He had high hopes on my children and they didn't disappoint him when they graduated in the recent years.

Father, no matter what you are sadly missed by all of  us. Rest in peace.

No comments: