Monday, March 18, 2013

Borrowed happiness



I came out to work upon finishing my National Service. Though earning very little at that time, I contributed to my household expenses. That left me a poor, poor young man. I spent within my means but never in debt.

Recently, I heard of youth of today happily spent and signed their card. The problem is they are unable to settle their monthly bill. What they do is to pay the minimun sum and let the credit roll. Needless to say, it's with high interest.

So sad. These people thought earning big money is so easy and many of them fell into the trap. Many couples went seperate ways or divorced. I know of friends who took many years to settle their debt. Worst, they are highly educated.

Please do not live on borrowed happiness for your suffering would be many times you enjoyed. Think thrice.

 

No comments: