Monday, March 18, 2013

A father




I asked my mother many times why she had to worry for her children every now and then. Even when most of us were in our 40s and 50s. She should be happy that all of us had grown up, settle down with our own family. Of course, one or two children would not be well each year. 'I don't know why. It comes naturally.' That's her reply. A mother is always a mother.

No doubt my children has grown up and graduated, I thought my responsibility as a father has ended. But no. I do worry for them a lot more. Their jobs, lifestyle, loved ones, etc. The saddest thing was.... maybe I blah too much and my daughter told me off. 'Dad, I am doing all these using my own money.' I got her hint that she didn't need a single cent from me for her US trip.

Mom, now I know how you felt all those years. And I have to say, 'A father is always a father.'

No comments: