Friday, June 18, 2010

World Cup 2010



I placed a bet on Argentina to win the World Cup 2010 before the kick-off last week. Is Argentina my favourite team? Not really. Statistics show that no European team has ever won the cup outside its continent. Needless to say, we can safely rule out Asian teams. Forget about Australia and New Zealand for they are there to form the numbers. How about the African teams? In my opinion, they are not ready for the big stage yet. Overall, it left us with the American teams. Who else? Of course it's Brazil and Argentina. The next World Cup will be held in Brazil and they will win it on home soil. I am left with Argentina this time round. Shit! For a $5 bet, I spent weeks analysing the history, data, etc. Is it really for football or gambling? I believe it's both. Btw, Margaret placed her bet on Brazil. Good luck!

No comments: