Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Defination


I was inculcated to the belief that a successful life is measured by how wealthy you are. My humble beginning living in those pre-war house where at times a meal was hard to come by. Even my wife would not believe that having fried rice with an egg in black sauce was a luxury. Everyone's life during that time was hard and poor.

Fast forward 50 years and I am still a failure for I have just enough have to live by. But somehow I consider myself as fortunate and blessed. I was enlightened by a revered monk that so long as you don't owe any money, you are rich. We should be contented with having enough for our basic needs. Moreover, wealth is just a part of a successful living. Health and happiness are critical too.

Glad that our children have settled down with their career and family, that's happiness. The only investment we had in our life was our children's education. Probably that's what we could afford and are happy it help started their career.

Like I wrote many times before, nothing else matter except to wish for good health as we aged. It allows us to travel and enjoy good food. Without it, life is meaningless. Trust me, even with all the money in the world would not be able to buy back your health.

Yes, me and my wife have finally enlightened with the meaning of middle path. Everything in moderation, so are the blessings.  

No comments: