Saturday, February 2, 2013

A chat with my sister



I can feel the distance to a near perfect stranger. How many times do I talk to her in a year? Probably five to eight times. And the chances of meeting up with her is even more remote. At least it's about  twice a year during the Chinese New Year period.

I had a miss call from her yesterday and returned her call in the evening. I just did not feel that I was talking to my sister at the initial stage. It was not too long ago that we were living under one roof with our parents. Guess at one stage of our lives we were too busy with our family and work. That's where we were drifted apart.   

It's only at the half hour mark of our call that the familiar laughters returned and it just couldn't stop. We also talked about our children and our common interest Travelling. Before we knew it, it was almost an hour. We had to hang up.

We shall be meeting our brothers and family members at the CNY Reunion Dinner next Saturday. Till then....

No comments: