Sunday, January 10, 2010

Huh, what is this?



I was told that we would have to abandon the traditional 'ang pow' or red packet exchange this coming CNY. Reason is that my late mother passed away last April and it applies to my family gathering only. For the sake of family unity, I reluctantly accepted it with discomfort and lots of frustration. By right, it should be left to individual discretion. To me, the mourning period has long been over and I am very, very sure my late mum would not be happy with this. She loves all her grandchildren and would want them to be happy especially on this occasion. But how to be happy without 'ang pows' for them. Even if this is customary, we should not be too rigid. I will choose not to celebrate should I need to mourn on this occasion especially at reunion dinner and CNY visiting and gathering. Forgive me if I am too harsh.
For the loved ones and friends outside my immediate family, please note that our celebration carries on with no holding back. Looking forward to your 'Gong Xi Gong Xi'.

No comments: