Monday, April 20, 2009

In memory of my mom



A few months back, my mother asked me if it's possible to have a Buddhist wake for the first few days followed by a Christain wake. I have never come across one in that manner and told her it's not possible. Her love for my sister was so great that in death, she would try to fulfil my sisiter's wish. In the end, she wished for a similar one as my late father - the Buddhist way.

Today at her wake, the 2 wreaths in front of her were presented by a Buddhist Association where my eldest brother is a member and the other by my sister's church. I was like...hey mom, are you showing me the way that you long desired. Whatever, we shouldn't be bothering her anymore.
We sincerely love you deeply. Rest in peace.

Okay, her favourite son is always the youngest one i.e. Patrick Ng. She would pampered him in whichever way and in return...... he would go all out to please her as well. Me and him just finished our second night duty at the wake last night. Though I would make a lot of noise that he slept thru the night but in my heart I am happy that he slept well. I am always willing to shoulder the duty alone and make sure the he sleeps well. Guess that's what you called
'Brotherly Love'. What can I do? He is my one and only younger brother. ( They are many who said that I look younger than him. LOL )


This one for you, mom.

No comments: