Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year greetings


I have been sending and receiving New Year text greetings for the past 3 days. Most of them in English while a few in Chinese. Some were in 'funny' format.
I sent a text greeting to this childhood friend of mine. It's been almost a year since we last met at a gathering the previous Lunar New Year. He returned my greeting thru a sms text with 'God blessed new year'. Huh? That was exactly what he wrote. Till now I am still very puzzled by what that meant. Since it's the New Year, I 'll take the message in good spirit as ' God bless you'. :)
OK, this is another one. I sent another greeting to an engineer and expected a return greeting from him. Instead I received a mere 'Thank You'. Gosh! Guess he simply love to receive and refuse to give. Even in words. Bet he can be a very successful businessman. LOL.

No comments: