Friday, August 31, 2012

Street music


Once in a while, a little temporary change in lifestyle is necessary. Life is so bored and monotonous. Many times so predictable. Wake up, go to work, return home, sleep.

This evening, I did something exceptional. I wished to be alone and was all by myself along the buzzing Orchard Road. I sat on a bench outside Wisma Atria facing a mature couple busking their music and singing. They have been there for years and I was looking forward to enjoy and entertain by them.

I stayed for about an hour and their songs brought me back to the 70s and 80s. Sister golden hair, Fernando, How can I tell her, Mississippi, Nobody's child, Another woman in love, etc. OMG! Songs from my rock and roll days. For a moment, I was in a world of my own though the place was full of people. 

It was past 8pm and they took a break. I donated a few dollars and took a train home. Thank you for the music.

No comments: