Sunday, July 11, 2010

Eating Out



I can't deny we are dining out more frequent than usual. Our children have grown up and their activities are packed. It's not often we can have a family meal together, not forgetting I need to work outside my office hours. As such, it's difficult for Margaret to cook at home even during the weekend. So, whenever everyone is at home we would initiate a family meal nearby. Be it at a coffee shop or a restaurant, so long as the food is good. Yes, Sheryl would join us at times. Our family lunch / dinner is not complete without Anna, my mother-in-law. She enjoys dining with Smily and Fyn especially the teasing, laughter and fun. Which grandmother doesn't?

I do regret for not bringing my late parents out enough. But then, life was a struggle with 2 young children in tow. If only.......... We are thankful that it is a little easier nowadays. Spending a bit more to be with our love ones is really worth it. In times to come, our children will settle down and start their families. Will they have time for us or will we be forgotten? Time will tell.


No comments: