Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dong Zhi 2008



Happy Dong Zhi 2008. To date, I do not understand why we have to celebrate this winter festival in tropical Singapore. Guess I have accept it as another Chinese festival which is associated with the making and eating coloured glutinuous rice flour balls in sweet syrup. Oh, how I miss the fun with my brothers and sister. I was told that I would be a year older after eating these rice balls. As for my age, I prefer not to have them. LOL. Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone 'Good Health and Stay Happy Always!'

Latest update: Okay, this is what I discovered after some readings through the web.
Dong Zhi is also known as Winter Solsticse Festival. Celebrated on the longest night of the year, Dong Zhi is the day where sunshine is weakest and daylight shortest. The coming of winter is celebrated by families and traditionally the time where farmers and fishermen gather food in preparation for the coming cold season. It is also a time for family reunions.


Tangyuan, tangyuan, oh how I miss tangyuan.....


Tangyuan with feelings.. oops!!! I mean fillings.

No comments: