Thursday, November 6, 2008

'Heng' is in the air



Arsenal played to a scoreless draw with Fenerbahce in the European Championship group match last night. I didn't expect them to win either for I had placed a $5 bet on them to draw. Reason being... they had played badly in the last few games. I suspected they were pretty tired too. Moreover, there were a handful of 1st team injured players. In fact, a colleague of mine who happens to be an Arsenal fan too, predicted them to lose. Well, I am going to collect $22.50 from Singapore Pool tomorrow. Right, for every dollar it pays $4.50 for this draw.

I can feel the 'heng' atmosphere recently. 'Heng' is in the air. For the benefit of those non-Chinese, 'heng' literally means 'lucky or luck'. I bought a pair of Mizuno track shoes designed by my idol Giorgio Armani which cost S$599. As it was the last pair, they sold to me at a 80% discount. It's true that I paid $120 and carried them home happily. : )


No comments: