Thursday, February 7, 2008

Visiting my mother and mother-in-law

It was a hectic day visiting my mother in the morning and mother-in-law in the afternoon. After waking my children up at about 10 am, both of them came down to the Living Room to greet us. An hour later, Patrick came to fetch us to my mother's place at Queenstown. Upon arrival, PK and his family's members were already there. Slowly, my the other brothers, sister, in-laws and their children started to arrived. Believe me, that 3-room flat was packed. I could feel the atmosphere. A New Year atmoshpere.





It's time for lunch. We have to thank PK, his wife and Lucy, my mother's maid. They worked very hard to prepare the lunch. I believe that most of us skipped our breakfast this morning and that was most probably our first meal of the year.





As the table was too small to accomodate everyone at one go, each family took turn to have their meal. After lunch, we stayed back to chit chat for another hour or two. Topic this year included Selina coming wedding next month. Needless to say, I am always the Joker. My mother told me that she was happy to see the children and grandchildren chatting and laughing. Unlike last night reunion diiner, the mood today was causal and relax. That's the spirit for the Lunar New Year. Peace and Harmony!

At about 4 pm, we reached my mother-in-law's place. My in-laws and children were there. Slowly, their relatives began to stream in. It was really crowded. Before long, we started our gambling session with the kids. Andrew was the banker and also the God of Fortune as he was the sole loser. We had our dinner there and reached home at about 8.15 pm.





No comments: