Friday, November 4, 2011

Watch & Upgrading



Finally, my favorite watch returns after two and a half months and it's as good as new. The glass got chipped off, casing scratched and the belt worn off. The next best thing was to send it to the service centre to get them changed. They quoted me S$150 and was told to wait for 3 months for the parts to arrive. Worst, I had to leave the watch behind. This afternoon, they sent me a sms to say that it's ready for collection and I rushed down in the evening. Well, a happy man with his treasured watch. What a reunion! Hehe...





What the hell are they doing to the pillars at our void deck? Me and our neighbours were puzzled. Removing the paint, plaster it and re-paint it again. It's wasting our money. Creating jobs for Singaporeans? No, all of them are economic migrant workers.
I had a good conversation with these people this morning and was told that they are strengthening the pillars with fibre mesh prior to the plastering. It makes sense but then is there a necessity? Hm... I better not ask too much and leave it to the professional to do their job.

No comments: