Friday, October 8, 2010

Me a drummer?



I was never a drummer. Just picked up the basics through self learning. Yeah, play by ear. And they needed me to be their drummer desperately and forcing me to handle the drum sticks instead. I could play the guitar as well as them but there couldn't perform without someone who play the drums. Gosh, I was damn bloody nervous on that battalion anniversary celebration. That was really guts. Imagine we played songs by Electric Light Orchestra (Last train to London), Eagles (Lying Eyes), etc. We were cheered on by our comrades. Thank goodness, we put up a good show. Never would I dare dream playing the drums in public. A performance I would never forget but cherish for the rest of my life. That was my one and only. After that night, I went on to perform with others as a bass guitarist but never a drummer again. Thanks for the beautiful memories.

No comments: