Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Offerings



Though it may sound silly and ridiculous but I am a Chinese after all. This Zhong Yuan Jie, I went to pay my respect to my late parents and ancestors. Not only that, I burnt lots of offering to them too. Offerings like paper money, passports, credit cards, paper clothing and garments. Specially for my late mother, 'Gucci' purse, jewelries and shoes. Maybe the next time I'll buy her a paper 'Gucci' handbag. Very fun indeed. Kiasu and kia bo are the words for typical Singaporean like me. I do not wish to see them return empty handed at the end of the festival. You may say it's all in the mind. Damn it, my heart is at ease after these praying sessions. I cannot thank them enough for the blessing showered on my family. May we continue to have good health, happiness and luck. Once again, thank you very much.

'It is only after death that the depth of the bond is truly felt and our loved one becomes more a part of us than was possible in life.'

No comments: