Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lousy March



March is such a long and lousy month with no public holiday in it. In fact, me and Margaret had booked a 5-day tour to Sichuan starting today. With my mother's condition and Joseph's recent surgery, we had no choice but to call it off and forteited S$500. We are trying to redeem the loss from our travel insurance. Alleluia! Joseph has been discharged and is resting at home.







Evening edition

My 87-year-old paternal 3rd Uncle who is in a wheelchair visited my mother this afternoon. Though she was sleeping, she tried opening her eyes to acknowledge his presence. It was so emotional that I can't help but to let my tears down. OMG! I just got to turn away in order not to let her see me in such a sad manner. This is the first time I shed tears since she was diagnosed with this deadly illness months ago. For so long I have been brave and strong and hope to continue to be so. After some time, I went to the vending machine to get a cold drink and left the place feeling very depressed.

No comments: